LFC was created to conduct research:
- fast processes in the time range n • 10-15 ÷ 10-10 s;
- properties of matter under conditions of extremely high luminous fluxes ~ 1013 W / cm2
- precision metrological research ("combe" generator)
- development of modern laser technologies
- conducting the educational process
- minimum pulse duration 70 × 10-15 sec
- maximum pulse energy 2.5 mJ
- maximum peak power 2 × 1010 W
- max. pulse power density in a focused beam 5 × 1014 W/cm2
- the spectral range of generation is 0.25 ÷ 10 μm!
- spectral equipment for the range 0.2 ÷ 1.7 μm, resolution 0.1 nm
- temperature research area 1.7 ÷ 300 K
- Nanoscale systems and nanotechnologies State target scientific and technical program "Nanotechnologies and nanomaterials 2010-2014"
- Target program to support "Laser femtosecond complex"
- Grants (2006, 2008, 2012), projects of targeted research programs of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Interstate Program of NAS of Ukraine - Turkey (Istanbul, Bilkent, 2014 - 2015)
Main areas of work:
- Research, provision of methodological training services in the following areas:
- kinetics of plasmons and excitons in the femto-picosecond time interval in nanoparticles of noble metals, semiconductors and functional organic media;
- regularities of the formation, propagation and interaction of femtosecond laser filaments in transparent media with Kerry nonlinearity;
- nanostructure of the surface of refractory metals and conductors in the field of femtosecond laser pulses.
- Expansion of the methodological base of the femtosecond complex
- Precision laser technologies for micromachining of optical structural materials.